Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Being a Godly Person




Jake's Granddad past away not to long ago.. (that is a post in its self) but I want to mention that he was a fantastic person and a wonderful Godly man. He was so inspiring to me and several others. He was true to God, Wife, family, and himself. So sweet. I am proud to have met him and him be apart of my life.

With that said.. Since he has gone to be with the Lord, Jake and I have felt the need to be more God like. He has shown such improvement with his christian faith. I have always felt the he was a great husband, friend and dad but now I am seeing so much more. Jake has been very inspired by Granddad to be better. He says if I could be half the man he was I would be happy. If I could touch just half the people he has I would be happy. I am one lucky girl to be married to a man who wants to be more God like. There aren't to many " gentlemen" still out there.. Men who are hard working, loving, helpful, good christian men. I am so proud of Jake. He has helped inspire me to do better.

To be perfectly honest with you I don't know that I have ever witnessed to someone. I know I am open to discussion about faith and the Lord but I truly haven't been in a situation yet that I have had to ask that person" Do you know the Lord? And if you were to die today, Would you go to Heaven?"  What we do on this earth will be judged in Heaven one day. I feel as though I need to step up my game because I have a feeling I wont be rewarded very many riches in Heaven. No one knows when Jesus will return and we need to do all we can for him. Christians are meant to serve the Lord daily and Lord knows I struggle. I need to minister. I need to tithe. I need to have a daily devotion. Daily prayer. But I don't. I fall short. I am a sinner.I am very fortunate to be surrounded by people who are Christian's and go to church. But hope that one day I will be put in that position to minister and help someone find the Lord All Mighty.

I do help teach 2 year old Sunday School class at my church.. But truth be told.. they are two. What can they really get in their minds????!! I hope and pray that every Sunday just us reminding them that God Loves Them is everything they need to know and they can carry that with them.

I want to be a better Godly Mom. I hope and pray that everything I teach and tell Kaleb he will absorbs in his little mind. I want him to grow into a fine young man and love God. I want to raise him right.

Did anyone watch the guy walk across the Skyline at the Grand Canyon?
The entire time he prayed and talked to God. God lead him, protected him. I was amazed. HE WAS A GODLY MAN and I am so proud that everyone on National Television heard him praise his Heavenly Father for his triumph!

Being a pinterest nut I came across a blog that gave me very helpful ideas on how to be a Godly Wife. I wanted to share them with you. I think they are perfect. I have them placed beside my bed to read and have a devotion daily.


 
KEEP GOD FIRST, YOUR HUSBAND SECOND
This is huge to me. Your relationship with the Lord should always be your #1. He is your father , and He came before you met your husband. Once you have that, the other priorities in your life should fall into place.
 
UNDERSTAND THE COVENANT.
You said your vows to one another in front of the Lord. They are not to be broken or tampered with in any way. You should obey them, like you do with the ten commandments. Its never a bad idea to re say them to one another every now and then, or have them in a devotional book and remind yourself daily.
It is crazy to me how people get a divorce and think its ok. Its not ok. Period.
 
SUBMIT
Submit to your husband. Let him be the leader ( or wear the pants in the family) Let him guide and protect your family. You are there to support him. This may sound like become his slave... But wife's are meant to have different roles than the husband. We clean, cook, help the children and such. The man is there to provide, teach, and take care of the family as a whole.
 
SPEAK EDIFYING WORDS ONLY
This is hard for all of us. I have been at fault of this many times. We talk about our husbands with our " girl friends" and sometimes things don't come out nice. We complain about how they don't help around the house, or take out the trash , or have bad habits. We should always be kind to others. Lift up there spirits. We should talk about how much love they give us and all the positive aspects or qualities they have. Hey, we married them because we fell in love with them. For whatever reason you have, Enjoy your husband. The good and the ugly. =)
 
MANAGE THE HOME LIKE THE PROVERBS 31 WOMAN
Bringing God’s peace, perspective, and purpose to today’s busy woman.
 
COMMUNICATE
SO important to me. Talk with him. Everyday. Tell him everything about everything regardless of how you think the conversation might lead. He will listen. And when its his turn to tell a ( long story about hunting or fishing that you don't care about) listen to him as well.
 
STRIVE TO PLEASE HIM
Woman can be so selfish and " its all about me, me, Me!" We always should think about our husbands. They absolutely love it when we do things like for them. Love notes, bake them desserts, wear a pretty dress. Let your husband know you love him. He will be ticked to death!
 
COVER HIM IN PRAYER
I have been doing this alot lately. I pray for Jake everyday. Every morning driving to work I try and talk with God and tell him how thankful I am for Jake. Pray for your husband. Pray that you both become more and more like Jesus. The enemy is always there and will try anything to break you apart. Your husband needs you to pray for him to stay strong. So he can battle anything he comes across.
 
 
I hope that this post helps someone become more of a Godly person. I pray it does. Post comments please if you have anything else to add. I would love to have more advise or comments on how to minister to others or becoming a better mother or a better wife! God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment