Friday, April 18, 2014

Coming to an end

Gosh, I am so saddened that my maternity leave has come to an end. I have been so blessed to be able to take off work for 8 weeks with my baby girl.
I thank God for my childern. I have learned so much being a mom. I learn something new everyday, as do they. It amazes me how their brain are like little sponges.
Lilly has been such a good baby. She is much different from Kaleb as a baby but not in a bad way. She has some tummy issues (spit up) just like Kaleb did when he was a newborn. I have been thrown up many times and had all the late night feedings but wouldn' t change a thing! She has been smiling and cooing since about a month or so old. She started sleeping through the night at 5 weeks. You read that right, SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT. Holy Cow .. sleep is so precious and I LOVE it! We have been putting both kiddos to bed around 9 and she will wake up between 5 and 6 am. Which is the same time Jake's alarm goes off for work and Kaleb gets up around 6:30 for school. Works out pretty darn good! I sure hope we can keep the same routine starting Monday when I go back to work.
Its awesome to sit back and think that I am a mother of two. Challenging and yet so rewarding at the end of the crazy day. Kaleb has been nothing but awesome with Lilly and Lilly just adores Kaleb.She is so into him. She loves to sit up and watch and listen. Never a dull moment around our house! Kaleb says he wants his sister to hurry up and play with him. He gets alittle sad when I tell him shes too little. its the sweetest thing! I know times will be more difficult but I cant wait for them. I love these adventures we are on and I know God will not give me anything I cannot handle.
Monday will be tough, I will shed many tears. I will huff and puff like a 5 year old not wanting to get out of bed, I will be a huge mess at work. My children are my life. My job is not. I will need lots of prayers sent my way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment