I had a little rocky emotions the other day. I had heard that a friend of mine was already potty training their little boy of 14 months. I freaked. I broke down again on my spill of not being able to stay home with Kaleb and take care of him like I thought he needed. Jake and I talked about the situation and my "always" comparison with him and other children. He reassured me that Kaleb was fine and that really it was our fault for not even considering potty training him. He said we always needed to be on the same page and talk about how we would handled that. And anyway, with him in daycare, Jake and I cant make this decision on our own. We have to be on the same page with Daycare as well. So first thing yesterday morning I asked about how they dealt with Potty Training. Not that I wanted to start him immediately but just to see her take on things. She told us that daycare could not really support and help train the children until they were in he 2 year old class because that class had a bathroom in it. So it was easier for daycare until that stage. So there we have it!! My answer is that we cant introduce it until he is 2 or before. I hate I was being so weird about it but I always want the best for Kaleb and I hope that he is ate the stage he needs to be.
Well continuing on that afternoon, Daycare called me to come get Kaleb. He had a fever. There was a fever virus going around and they thought he had it. So late night was a little rough. He was extremely sleepy and didn't eat much. Tylenol was my best friend.=) He does feel a little better this morning. I didn't want to call the nurse about it because I knew he would be up their at his appointment anyway.
So this morning I took him to his check up appointment with Dr. Farr. He said he was a healthy little boy! Everything from this development to height and weight he was in the 50-75 percentile for his age. He didn't seem to be concerned with anything. He weights 24 pounds ( which I think is totally off) but It is always good to get a good report!
He checked his fever, he didn't have one. He also checked his throat. He said it looked red but after the lab report he didn't have strep. So he looked in his mouth again and said the his moles were coming in so I guess it was just he was teething! =)
I wanted to share some pictures from last night when he didn't feel good. He always feels better when he plays with one of his favorite things! Books!!
We love climbing for our books!
and sitting in our chair , hey mommy what's this word again??
Lets look at the animals at the zoo book!
oh and I cant forget about Big Bird and Elmo during my bath!!
Such a sweet baby!!!
Oh and Guess who is feeling like a ray of sunshine and gets her stitches taken out today?? GLORY!!





Kate, you are a wonderful mommy. All you have to do is look at that face and know you are both doing a great job! love you
ReplyDelete