Monday, October 29, 2012

KEEPING SAFE

Since Jake and I were hit by the April Tornado in 2011 we are always in topic about safety and what to do in case of an emergency.I think you and your family should always be aware of what is going on and what to do to prepare.

The day of the tornado I was aware but I thought to myself.. I don't need to do anything about it because it want happen to me. Something like this would never happen to me or my family. But guess what, it did. So since then , I am aware of the world around me.

Here are a few things we do with my family.
1.We don't have a basement , so if there is bad weather we go to either my parents house or sisters house to mins. down the road. Know your safe place!!
2. Have a list of items you can grab quickly.( clothes, diaper bag, first aid, valuables)I have a place where I keep all my "valuables" and I seems to always think.. what would I do if I lost them!!??

3. Have your phone fully charged and have all your contacts listed in them. Including telling your children who to call when something happens -911
4. Tell everyone a location to go to - SAFE ZONE- in case of emergency

I wished we could do more, including being a hoarder of emergency items. Water, canned goods, first aid ect. Has anyone seen the episodes of DoomsDayPreppers?? Hilarious but scary show!! Crazy how intense some people will get for emergency situations. But some of it is very smart thinking and I wish we could do better~!
 
I came across this site. This lady on the 36th Avenue has listed it perfectly . Check it out!

Also, Please keep those families affected by Hurricane Sandy in your thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment