Today kaleb got tubes put in his ears. My alarm went off at 4:30 but surprisingly I was already ready to get out of bed because my body knew I had a long few hours ahead od me. shower ...check..getting Jake out of bed check... Instant grits check.
We got to children's south around 6 am and we were in the room with kaleb at 7. They checked his weight and all vital signs and talked to us about all the recovery process. I said my goodbyes and I loves you's while the nurse took him though those big double doors. He was fine the entire time. Didn't even look back at me...he was focused on the blue nurse cap she had on her head. He kept wanting to take it off. It was no time and our angel was back in our arms. That was the fastest surgery I have ever experienced. Literally took 30 minutes. Ten minutes of just surgery. He was very thirsty and loving the juice they offered him. When we took him home the car ride was quiet. Jake and I would constantly check the mirror to watch him. He was in a blank stare. I know he was thinking what the heck just happened to me.
Anyway, long story short... We have had a great day considering. He has done wonderful. He has smiled and played hard. It was almost like he drank a red bull at the hospital because he crawled super fast and even stood up on his own several times. Baby proofing is much needed at the Chandler residence. I am scared he is going to be eating dog food soon ...yuck! I hope and pray he sleeps well tonight and this surgery was totally worth it. I pray that this helps him stay well and we don't have anymore crazy illness and no more antibiotics. Thanks everyone for keeping our family in your prayers!!
No comments:
Post a Comment