Saturday, March 31, 2012

Georgia on my mind

I must say today has been a good one. We left last night for Georgia. We traveled in some terrible rain but made it there just fine. Slept like a baby in the holiday inn and then woke up and spend the entire day with Jake's grandparents. His family is so precious to me. I wish that we could see them more often. I wished that we wouldn't get so caught up in our daily routine and just stop and call and check on them. We don't call them enough and we certainly don't see them enough. His granddad will be 95 in July. 95!!!! He is doing so well for his age too. Several months ago he fell and broke his hip. I'm pretty sure I've done noted that in the blog...but with that said he has been doing therapy and having around the clock care from nurses and family. He has improved every day. Gets stronger everyday. All is vitals were perfect today but his balance was still off. He loves his nurse too. She prayed out load for him today. It was the sweetest prayer. I told Jake when we left that he was such a holy man. He has been through alot in his day and he is so happy. He is filled with joy all the time. I love that about him. I love that he loves his lord so much. He makes me want what he has. I have that feeling in my heart but I don't show it like I should . For some reason life gets a hold of me and I forget my prayers at night. This man does not skip a prayer. He is amazing. Really amazing isn't the word I'm looking for. He makes me speechless and I have tears of joy every time I see him.

When we left mingas and granddads house we went to Nanny's. She is so cute and so sweet. We didn't get to stay there as long as we wanted too because Kaleb was cranky. He didn't take nap all day. Nanny loved seeing Kaleb. She and Jimmy lee said he was a husky fella. Haha that he is nanny. While he played Jake and nanny got in a political debate. It was really funny because if you know nanny you know how crazy she can be. She is so funny. She cussed and then said I'm taking a smoke break all over Obama...Jake got her fired up. Haha

On our way home we stopped and ate with Jake's parents and heather and Ben at Cajun steamers. That place was awesome and it was good to hang out with them awhile. I love it when Kaleb gets to see them since he don't get to see them as often. I am so happy for heather and Ben. They found out they are pregnant again. I can't wait for Kaleb to get another cousin! For everyone who knows heather please pray for her and that sweet baby.
We are now home and cozy on the couch. Georgia was wonderful.
Hope every one's Saturday was as awesome as ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment