Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Grocery Store

I am going to try this week and blog about everything that happened in my day and also give an update on Baby Kaleb. so here goes Monday

Monday

My new off day at work is on Mondays. Use to be Friday's... wish it was still Friday.. but..
Jake and I wake up later this morning because he got in late from a fishing trip the night before. I wake up before him went to the kitchen to fix is lunch for the work day. Turkey Sand witch, grapes, Jello and water. For breakfast I fixed us Biscuits and Bacon and eggs. And you know little miss Glory Sue got eggs too. Cant ever forget her in the morning =) We eat and then off to work he goes.
Kaleb got up that morning talking to the wall ; happy as ever. I change and feed him. Then off to chores. I hate chores. Especially laundry. Since Kaleb spits up all day long ,I am constantly doing laundry. I always leave a load for Jake when get gets home from work. Kaleb is such a good baby. When I need to get ready for the day and take a shower, he is so good and content with whatever. Sometimes he will even take a morning nap which is even better. However, this morning he did not. I was having to situate him every 30 mins. He wanted full attention. I was ready to leave the house around 11 to finish my chores up. I needed to run by the bank, grocery store, kholes and other places. So off we go. Immediately in the car, Kaleb is sound asleep and stays that way until we get home around 2:30. During all the stops we had lunch with Aunt Anna at Panera bread. Always good to see Aunt Anna. =)After all my daily activies I had planned, Jake and I begin to cook supper that afternoon. We had Red Snapper ( from the fishing trip, yummy) Rice, broccli, corn and corn bread. SOO good. Put Kaleb to bed around 9:30 and us in bed by 10.
But back to the Grocery Store. The main topic for this blog.

WOW... This word is a understatement for what I experienced. I accomplished my first ever publix trip. By myself with a BABY!!! I was soo nervous. I didn't know if I would be able to grab a buggy really quick. I didn't want to leave him in the truck long .. people give you stares.. Bad mom... plus the fact its 150 degrees outside. He would have melted. But I lucked up and got a parking place with a buggy right beside it. Worked out great! I put Kaleb in the buggy ( still in the car seat of course) and the diaper bag plus my purse. As you all know the buggies are not that big. SO all the room in this buggy is filled. No room for food. So when I get inside I grab another buggy. I am pushing 2 FULL buggies around publix. Little 'ol me. Man was I talented. I get to the produce section of the store and this lady comes to me and says "M'am is that easy?"
I respond " No, not at all. This is my first time."
"well how all is that baby of yours?"
" 3 months"
" Mine was born April 27th.. SO almost 3 months, I haven't attempted that yet."
"Well as long as he stays asleep I'll be OK. I am going to make this quick, so he don't wake up"
" ok don't mean to hold you up. I understand" " do you need any help with while you shop"
" NO thank you"
" Well , the bagger guys are very nice and will help you to your car"
" thank you "

If you can only imagine.. I got lots of stares that day. A lady did help me to my car and everything worked out great!





*update on Kaleb*



He is 3 months old now. Wow how time flies.He is smiling and cooing all day! Sits up like a big boy! and He is almost ready to roll over. When I put him on his belly, he will push with one arm and tuck the other.. but gets really frustrated. He weighs about 15 pds. Fat and Happy







No comments:

Post a Comment