Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Awesome Paisley Table(s)

Do you remember the stenciling project I mention a few post back?? Well my stencil came in the mail over the weekend and I was so excited to get started. I found this idea from domestic imperfection.. She is awesome by the way and so crafty!! I stole her idea and gave my coffee table and end table a makeover!! Hers of course is 100 times better looking that mine. But I told Jake its all a hit and a miss with my projects.. Doesnt hurt to atleast try! Our coffee table was so dirty before. I bought it with a blue/gray color at a consignment shop. Payed about 25 dollars for it. Its been a great table, just needed a little bit of glam!

The stencil is alittle expensive but totally worth it!! The bigger the stencil the better, quick and simple!! you can check them out here.. I bought the paisley all over stencil and the nagova craft stencil. Both stencils come with a free one. Mine were a bird and a dragonfly. I think they would be super cute in a little girls room!! =)

I have never done a tutorial so I don't know if this is considered one or not.

We got up Sunday Morning and went to Lowe's. We picked up the paint tan and aqua blue and the polycrylic. I had heard about this clear protective finish from her blog and its great! Love that stuff. Little time consuming because it requires 3 coats with an hour to dry in between each coat but so great!
Do you see how dirty the coffee table was before.. eck!! I hated the finger prints and water rings from drinks!

oh so serious


Ta Da! The Finished Product!

I LOVE the Polycrylic that protects the wood. Shinny and clean!

This is the end table. I painted it the opposite. This is my favorite with the tan top and blue paisley!


3 comments:

  1. You did GREAT! I love both tables!!!

    P.S. I really love that dog! He is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete