Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bedroom Inspiration

I have been interested in flipping or changing my bedroom look. Right now the walls are painted a sage green and then bedding is white and green leaves pattern. The curtains are Khaki and my furniture is dark brown. Kinda boring if you ask me. I am defiantly looking into this more and more. I think I may a new comforter set for Christmas and do it all then , if I can stand it! I have an idea to hang a old window on the wall and put our wedding pictures in it. I just need to find an old window!

I have pinned a good bit on Pinterest .

Don't you just love it?? The initial pillow is a must have and I love how everything is symmetrical!

I have also just read Kelly's Korner post about P. Allen. I have never heard of him until then. Such a great guy and tons of great inspiration!!  I love his southern interior designs and artwork!

He has a page on his site that says 12 ways to change a room under $10. I thought I would challenge myself and do at least 10 ways to change a look in a room. Here goes nothing! Mine though of course cost a little more.

  1. 1. Change out the picture frames. I love to take pictures!
  2. 2. Buy a reversible comforter. That way after 6months to a year or whenever you get tired of that look you can flip it over and have a different look! Perfect!
  3. 3. Change the paint color of the room. Its always great too to pick a paint color you already have opened from a past project!
  4. 4. Take the blinds/curtains off the windows. Let in some sunshine to refresh!
  5. 5. Paint your furniture a different color. Love bright colors that make a bold statement!
  6. 6. Switch out your furniture that you have in a different room in your house.
  7. 7. Frame your mirror
  8. 8. Change out or buy a fragrance outlet plug. I love the ones from Bath and Body Works!
  9. 9. Fold a blank or throw across your bed. Makes the room comfy!
  10. 10. Light some candles! The ambiance become romantic!

No comments:

Post a Comment